Typical of me, I started this blog less than a week ago and am already obsessing over stats (the tracking of how many visitors my page has had, where they've come from, etc.). Not a good thing to focus on, especially at this stage of the game, but I was so psyched last night to discover that I have a follower who is not my sister (not that I don't appreciate you following me, Mrs. Beasley)!!
My first non-obligated follower is South Bel from Southern Style. She lives in Charleston, coincidentally one of my favorite cities and where my husband and I honeymooned! Small world, huh? I was also STUNNED to discover that she had awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award! How sweet is that?! Be sure and check out her blog, but be forewarned...you will instantly be seized be the desire to move to Charleston.
The rules of the award say that I must share seven things about myself. Since this is only me second post, I guess this is good timing!
1. I live in Central Pennsylvania but will always consider California my home, even though I left there with my then five year old daughter 14 years ago.
2. I have been a stay-at-home mom since 2001. I gave notice at my job on Sept 10, 2001, and the horrible events of the next day drove home what a good choice that was.
3. I have the two best step-parents in the history of the world, and am on a quest to find a better title for these unsung heroes of today's families.
4. I feel confident that my 19 year old would also say she has the two best step-parents in the history of the world. And that makes me so happy.
5. I turned 40 in July of 2010. Oy.
6. I have two sisters, one older and one younger, and two brothers who are five years old. Yep, my dad and step-mom took the plunge and we all got doubly lucky with identical twins Alec and Evan. The best part is that I don't have to be the messed up middle kid anymore...that responsibility passed to my younger sister, the aforementioned Mrs. Beasley, who is one of my favorite people ever and not messed up at all, darn her. ; )
7. I have been married for 9 1/2 years to the greatest guy. I wonder every day what in the world I did to deserve him. Despite my best efforts, I appear to have done something really, really right.
And now I get to award the Stylish Blogger Award to seven more blogs! You should check these out, they are awesome!
de tout, derien
Stylish Blogger Award Rules
-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
-Share seven things about yourself.
-Award seven recently discovered new blogs.
-Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award.
Thanks again, South Bel! This was a great boost as I start this journey.
Tune in later today (or maybe tonight, depends on whether my baby naps...I know you feel me) for the rest of our Before pics. Then I can start showing you all what we have done so far in the house. It's so exciting!
And in the meantime...anyone have ideas on what to do with a HUGEMONGOUS fireplace during the spring and summer months? It is 4 feet tall by 5 feet wide and is not helping with the darkness issue in the family room, being the gigantic black hole that it is.
Have a great day everyone!